The Patron of the Knighthood is St Michael the Archangel. This devotion is officially known as The Devotional Knights of Saint Michael the Archangel and are overseen by the Congregation of St. Michael the Archangel. The main task of the knights is to proclaim the victory of Jesus Christ over Satan. The knights are sent on a mission to expiate God for the sins of humankind and to obtain the conversion of sinners. They aim to achieve this by reciting the Prayer of St Michael the Archangel to defend us in the day of battle. This simple prayer of exorcism is said every day to keep away evil spirits from oneself, the Church and the whole world, particularly from those that are tempted and possessed by Satan. It is referred to in these set of the Rules (Statutes) as the prayer of simple exorcism. To help one another devotional Knights say a prayer for each other every day.
In 2004 Fr Peter Prusakiewicz CSMA was appointed The General Animator of the Knighthood of St Michael. The original Statutes were approved by the Superior General from the Congregation of St Michael the Archangel (CSMA) Poland in August 1994. In August 2013 the Devotional Knighthood of St Michael the Archangel was approved, many laypeople have since become knights.
I, (your name) a repentant sinner, renounce Satan and resolve to follow Jesus Christ. I express my faith in the Holy Trinity and the Holy Church. After my trial period, today in the presence of God, St Michael and the Holy Angels, I promise to be a Knight of St Michael to the end of my life and to take part in the spiritual battle for the salvation of souls. I entrust myself to St Michael as my Patron and Protector in this devotion.
The Weapons of the Knighthood
- Daily Bible reading
- Daily exorcism prayer to St Michael
- Daily angelic chaplet to St Michael
- Fast each Friday on bread and water (or a good deed if a fast is impossible)
- Monthly Reconciliation
- Monthly Eucharist Adoration
- Nine day Novena to St Michael before the feast day on 29th September.
May God help me to fulfil this devotion.
St Michael the Archangel pray for me.
The Devotional of the Knights of St Michael the Archangel was approved on 15th August 2013.
Fr Kazimierz Tomaszewski CSMA, Superior General approved this version two of the original Knighthood, which was approved on 8th July 2003.
Name and Aim of Knights who follow this Devotion
- The official name of this apostolic movement is the Devotional Knights of Saint Michael the Archangel. The Patron Saint of the Knighthood is Saint Michael the Archangel.
- Knights are confirmed Catholics, who are open to the Holy Spirit and give themselves to Christ, unite with Him, and help the Church by keeping demons away from Her.
- The main task of the knights is to proclaim the victory of Jesus Christ over Satan. The knights are sent on a mission to expiate God for the sins of human kind and to obtain the conversion of sinners. They aim to achieve this by reciting the prayer of St Michael the Archangel to defend us in the day of battle. This simple prayer of exorcism is said every day to keep away evil spirits from oneself, the Church and the whole world, particularly from those who are tempted and possessed by Satan. It is referred to in these set of the Statutes / Rules as the prayer of simple exorcism.
Knights' Participation in Spiritual Goods
- All knights belong to the spiritual family of Michaelites and participate in their spiritual benefits such as:
- Masses celebrated by Michaelite Fathers on the first Tuesday of the month;
- Daily prayers of the members of the Congregation of St Michael the Archangel;
- Daily prayers to the Queen of Heaven.
- Knights gain many merits for eternal life by uniting more closely with Christ, and through Him, with God the Father in the Holy Spirit, working and doing everything for the sake of His Divine love, opening to the Holy Spirit, being inspired by St Michael the Archangel and the guardian angels, accepting their help and driving away evil spirits from people by saying the prayer of simple exorcism.
- Prayers will be said for deceased knights. The General Animator celebrates Gregorian Masses each November for deceased knights. The National Animator celebrates Mass for a deceased knight just after he receives information about his or her death.
Organization of the Knights
The Head Office of the Knights of St Michael the Archangel is the General House of the Congregation of St Michael the Archangel (Michaelites, CSMA): ul. Pilsudskiego 250; 05-261 Marki; Warsaw; Poland.
Responsibilities of a Knight of St Michael
- The main duty of knights is the continuous effort to be in a state of grace and in friendship with God so that they can exclaim about Satan: “He has no power over me” (John 14: 30).
- All knights must respect the Holy Father, the bishops and priests and all the teachings of the Church. They should defend them if required. An attitude of humility and obedience towards God and the Church should be an obvious feature of every knight.
- All knights should pray for the growth of the Michaelite family.
Coat of Arms
Our coat of arms was designed by the deputy editor of The Angels messengers from a loving God magazine.
Copyright of CSMA.
It represents two important mottos closely related to the patron saint of the Michaelite Fathers. It displays a round coat divided into two fields. On the left there is a gold background with a sword, the symbol of St Michael "Who is like God". Because of it's brightness gold symbolizes what is precious and valuable and so symbolizes the presence of God, majesty, joy and celebration.
On the right is St Michael the Archangel – the first Knight and defender of heavenly fight for justice and souls. The white violet background is the colour of humility, purity, holiness and virtue, as well as respect and reverence in the symbolism of the Catholic Church.
Download the 'sample' booklet on the Knighthood (in PDF format)
To order the original booklet (without the 'sample' watermark) at £5.00 / €5.00 (incl. postage)
St Michael Prayer Song
Choir and composer from the Knighthood of St Michael, Philippines